The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat has 707 horsepower, which is enough to send the car up to a reported 204 mile per hour top speed. Is that faster than your car? Here's a quick guide.
Here's a brief list of cars that are slower (in terms of factory-claimed top speed) than this big Dodge.
- Ferrari F40
- Ferrari F50
- Lamborghini Diablo
- Porsche 959
- Ferrari F430 Scuderia
- Lamborghini Gallardo 570-4 Superleggera
- Porsche 911 Turbo S (claimed)
- SRT Viper TA
And here's a list of cars that are faster than the supercharged Charger.
- Porsche 917
- Ferrari Enzo
- The 'Mercedesaurus Rex' 1994 Penske PC-23 CART racer
- Porsche Carrera GT (just barely)
- Any Vector (estimated)
- McLaren P1
- A Shelby GT500 with JATO rockets strapped to the roof (probably)
In short, the Charger SRT Hellcat's top speed puts it in the rarified air of supercars built from the '90s and on.
And if you really want to try and out-run your buddy's Lamborghini at a standing mile, please let us know when you put the video on YouTube.