My M235i Coupe - My Pretty, Classy and Driver Focused 2 Series
3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder
Base MSRP $43,100
Mineral Grey Metallic $550
Terra Dakota Leather $1,450
Fine-wood trim 'Fineline' Stream $0
Cold Weather Package $550
Technology Package $2,150
18" double-spoke 436M wheels w/ mixed summer tires $0
Manual Transmission $0
Concierge Services $250
harman/kardon premium sound $875
Destination & Handling $925
Total MSRP $49,850
I've had a 1 series. I've driven the new 3-series, with the four cylinder turbo. Here are my reasons for the options chosen:
1. Color and trim - what I like! And my choice is classy and lovely.
2. Engine - The inline 6 is sooo buttery. The turbo 4 sounds like shit.
3. Navigation - since iDrive is standard, might as well add the nav.
4. Manual transmission - I appreciate maximum driving involvement. BMW shifters and clutch engagement are world class.
5. Tires - I did NOT choose the runflat tire accessory. I chose SUMMER TIRES! All seasons tires are for FOOLS in the northeast. Stick with summers in the summer, and throw on WINTERS FOR THE WINTER!
6. Sound system - I chose the upgrade, because the base stereo in my old 1 series sucked.
7. Cold weather package - heated steering wheels are AWESOME! Heated seats are great too.
What's not offered, and which SHOULD be offered: HYDRAULIC POWER STEERING! LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL!! SPORTIER SUSPENSION OPTIONS!!! DELETION OF M BADGES (sleeper mode)!!!!
Ideal Driving location:
Upper Housatonic Valley in Northwest Connecticut. Absolutely one of the most beautiful, serene places I have been, with swift hilly, sinewy tarmac winding through forests and along riverbanks, with a gorgeous backdrop of rolling hills and mountains. Short drive from my home town of New York City and the home of a coveted place where BMW is the Official Car.
Alternate ideal driving location:
A drive north, up Route 225, from Elko, Nevada. Also very beautiful and highly unique, but less convenient than the first choice.