An Unplugged Tesla Model S Caught Fire In A Toronto GarageS

Well, it happened again. Reports today have surfaced about another fire involving a Tesla Model S sitting in the garage of a home, this time in Toronto.

Business Insider reports that the fire occurred earlier this month with a four-month old Model S. The car was parked in a garage and, unlike the fire that occurred in November in California, was not plugged into an electric socket.

The website reports that the owner came home from a drive and parked the car in their garage, only to discover the fire alarm going off a few moments later. The fire was described as "intense," and firefighters also had to remove a Lexus from the garage. No one appears to have been injured in the blaze.

A Tesla spokeswoman told Bloomberg the incident is under investigation, but that they do not believe it originated in the car's electrical system or charging components:

"The Model S continues to have the best safety track record of any vehicle in the world," Tesla said in a statement. "In this particular case, we don't yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire."

Business Insider also reports Tesla offered to pay for any damages caused by the fire, but the homeowner declined.

After last year's spate of fires in the U.S., the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced they would investigate the Model S; CEO Elon Musk said last month he did not know when federal investigators would conclude their investigation.