Although Lindsay Lohan's latest car accident was pretty insignificant by itself, it could, in a more rational world, have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back where her driving privileges are concerned. Do we have to wait for her to kill someone before the Golden State takes away her license?
At the very least, her car insurance must be ridiculous. Lohan and driving were enough of a concern for Lifetime producers to specify that she couldn't operate a motor vehicle while they were filming Liz & Dick, in which Lohan starred as Elizabeth Taylor (the insurance for the picture would have been too high). Just this year, she's been involved in three accidents, one of them a hit and run.
Lindsay Lohan and cars don't appear to mix well, but let's let history be the ultimate decider on that. Here's a rundown of her vehicle-related mishaps:
- July 2012: Lohan bumps into a Ford Mustang with her Porsche Panamera. Her passenger seems to be eager to sweep the incident under the rug and outrun a supposed troupe of paparazzi.
- June 2012: Despite Lifetime's requirement that Lohan not drive while filming Liz & Dick, Lohan plows a rented Porsche into the back of an 18-wheeler.
- March 2012: Ok, so LiLo wasn't driving when her Panamera hit someone and peeled out, but she was in that car. No one was hurt, but come on!
- March 2011: Only a few hours after leaving court for a felony grand theft hearing, a photog saw Lohan get pulled over for running a stop sign.
- September 2010: Lohan reportedly hit a nanny/baby-in-stroller combo with her Maserati after blowing a red light. Wonder how many points that one was worth.
- July 2007: Only 10 days after checking out of rehab, Lohan gets DUI number two. The cops found cocaine in her pocket.
- May 2007: Lohan's first coke/dewey arrest. She ran her Benz into a tree.
So let's see, that's seven incidents in five years. Lohan wasn't at fault in one of the hit-and-runs, but still, that's quite the pile of vehicular mishaps for someone who's only 26 years old.
Are there any I'm missing? I've mined numerous sources for information — the tidiest one being a chronological list of Lohan's legal problems on a celebrity gossip blog — and there don't seem to be other crashes in her portfolio. But there are enough, I think, to classify her as a DMV train wreck.
So how about it, California DMV? Are we done yet? Like anyone else, Lohan definitely needs a car to get around L.A. (I can't see her taking the bus to Beverly Hills boutiques), but she can probably afford a chauffeur, especially after that cool million she scored by allowing Playboy to take pictures of her naked.