If you or someone you know loves writing, loves cars and knows their way around the Internet, there could be an internship waiting with Jalopnik. Here's how this works:
It's been a while since we last put out the call for helping hands, but now the work's starting to pile up again. If you're selected as a intern, you'll get a boost to your resume and a glowing letter for future employers from me in return for some hard work over the next few months. Here's what I'm looking for:
• You need to be at least 18 with a valid driver's license.
• Live in the Washington, D.C. area. (Yes, there will be other interns in other parts of the country, just hold your ponies).
• Have a laptop and know how to use it beyond hunting and pecking a word a minute. That won't cut the mustard.
• A passion for all things car-related. I don't mean a passion for trade news or press releases or freebies or winning pats on the back from a flack. I mean a love of cars and what makes them great. We will not require you to know a FAW Besturn on site at first, but it can't hurt.
• Adeptness with image editing software such as Photoshop.
• Extra special Hydepoints for prior work in social media or web production.
If you want to spend time learning skills to produce stories for the web's best outlet for those with an unhealthy car obsession, send your resume to the address linked here, with the subject line "Intern Time." One additional paragraph of self-touting will be sufficient. Two will likely be overdoing it. Three will get your email deleted and/or possibly made fun of.
I'll accept applications for the next week or so, with interviews to start soon after for qualified candidates.