Two Washington men were seriously injured Sunday after their home-built "rocket" — a barrel full of methanol and a match — exploded. They sat on the barrel, intending to ride it across the parking lot. Darwin loses again!

Advertisement

According to Washington State's Skagit Valley Herald, two men in the town of Sedro-Wooley were injured on Sunday when they attempted to build a "barrel ride" in the parking lot of a local racing shop. They placed four gallons of methanol in a 55-gallon drum, sat on top of it, and lit it on fire. The men were airlifted to a local hospital following the explosion, which launched parts of the barrel as far away as 120 feet.

The local fire chief had this to say:

Advertisement

Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead it blew up.

Really? Really? Really? People actually did this?

Done! I'm moving to the moon. This planet is just too damn stupid.

Sponsored



[GoSkagit]