This is Paul Hutton, 40, of Clacton-on-Sea, England. A judge recently convicted him for operating a 4-mph toy electric Barbie car in front of his house while drunk. He has lost his driver's license but earned our undying respect.
In situations like these, the details are what matter. Consider the following:
- Hutton was found to be twice the legal limit for blood alcohol content
- The police pulled him over while he was driving the car
- Upon laying down the law, the judge in question said, ""The vehicle is not even capable of doing the speed of a mobility scooter and could be outrun by a pedestrian"
- Hutton on the subject: "Originally, it was a pink Barbie car. I put larger wheels on it, but it's not fast." He has also admitted to being "a complete twit"
- The car, naturally, was pink; Hutton had been working on it as part of a project with one of his sons
- The car was impounded by the police, but Hutton wants it back.
Good man, Paul Hutton. Good man. I mean, really, who hasn't been there?
Photo Credit: Peter Lawson/Eastnews Press/Telegraph