This is Down On The Street Bonus Edition, where we check out interesting street-parked cars in places other than the Island That Rust Forgot. Let's head over to Poland, where Notlauf has photographed quite an assortment of vehicles for us.
The Silverado from Brokeback Mountain, now owned by a guy who runs a chain of Tex-Mex restaurants in Poland? One of the only Lada Samara Cabrios left in the world? An Olds Cutlass with big "DUB" emblems? You'll find all this and more down on the streets of Warsaw. Here's what Notlauf has to say:
It took a bit of time to collect all these photos together for the DOTS Warsaw bonus edition. Here they are and I am the author of them all. This was a tough choice because I have over 500 cool clunkers photos stored on my computer.
1. Renault 4CV rotting among the VW Beetles right about the big railway station in Warsaw
2. Rare Fiat 133. Bought by a serious collector, now is being restored.
3. Ford Consul Corsair. Went to the crusher. A Trabant just behind it.
4. Early Toyota Corolla. Now restored. This is a picture of how it was been found on a Warsaw street.
5. Ford Thunderbird parked in the yard with black American plates (this is common in Poland to drive a vintage US-car with the original plates on).
6. Lada Samara Cabrio. Gone to the crusher. These were very rare.
7. A neglected Toyota Corolla Levin AE86.
8. 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix. This is my private car, not for everyday use. Original plates intact and present.
9. Rotting Bentley Mulsanne. The owner is not interested in selling it. Right window broken, some parts missing.
10. Well preserved Fiat Ritmo. These cars were extremely prone to rust so now it's a very rare find.
11. The Chevrolet Silverado truck. It's the car from the movie "Brokeback Mountain". Not a similar car, but the very same vehicle that was in the movie. It was imported to Poland by a guy who owns a restaurant-chain "Pink Flamingo" with Tex-Mex foods.
12. Porsche 928. These are quite common but this is very well maintained daily driver.
13. A perfect condition example of Buick Skylark Convertible
14. A Plymouth from the sixties. Spotted in a very small town. Perfect condition (and of course original plates are on).
15. BMW 2002 touring as a daily driver.
16. A Simson-Duo three-wheel motorcycle for disabled persons. Daily driven. Behind it - a 1987 FSO Polonez.
17. 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass as a daily driver, powered by LPG.
18. One of 7 prototypes for FSO Polonez 4x4 pickup, the FSO Analog. It was also a daily commuter.
19. Early 70's Polish utility car, Syrena Bosto, still driven by the original owner. Used as a moving stand for selling candys.