The Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec is, at its core, a Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track model sans non-essential convenience equipment for cost and weight reduction. And with a starting price of $23,750, this manual-tranny-only model's built for budget tuners.
Here's the full press release from Hyundai. We'll be seeing the production R-Spec in person at next month's SEMA show in Vegas. Check out the full Genesis starting price list below to see how well the R-Spec stacks up against the rest of the Genesis Coupe lineup.
Production R-Spec to Debut at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., oct. 27, 2009 – The Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec, the perfect blank canvas for tuners, priced at $23,750 is beginning to arrive at dealerships across the country. R-Spec takes the core performance equipment from the 2.0T Track model and eliminates non-essential convenience equipment to reduce both cost and weight. The Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec – the first production R-Spec model to arrive in the U.S. – will make its world debut at the Hyundai booth at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in the Las Vegas Convention Center from November 3 – 6 (Booth # 24387).
The R-Spec allows enthusiasts to tune their own car to their desired specifications. R-Spec provides genuine track-readiness and powertrain scalability in an affordable model. The R-Spec adds core Track model performance equipment to the most affordable 2.0T model, such as: Track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance Summer tires, Brembo® braking system, Torsen® limited-slip differential and R-Spec badging.
In a special nod to tuners, R-Spec will also receive a set of front strut camber adjustment bolts (dealer installation - optional for customer to install) to further enhance initial turn-in and handling response. To reduce both cost and weight, the R-Spec eliminates some non-essential convenience equipment such as: Bluetooth®, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. Genesis Coupe R-Spec is priced $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, leaving tuners with extra cash for their own choice of aftermarket performance upgrades. Appropriately, R-Spec will be available in three exteriors colors most common among international racing teams: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red. R-Spec comes with manual transmission only.
R-Spec equipment includes:
· 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210 hp, 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph
· 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
· Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
· 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)
· Brembo® braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
· Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)
· Torsen-type limited-slip differential
· R-Spec badging
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System
· Front, side, side curtain air bags
· Active front head restraints
· Driver's lumbar support
· Air conditioning
· Remote keyless entry system
· Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
· Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
· AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 audio system with six speakers
· iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
· Projector beam headlamps
· Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
· Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec