GM's just-released 60-day money back guarantee works like a charm if you're looking to screw GM out of a new car for two months. All you have to do is meet the following 13 qualifications and GM buys it back:
One of our dealer contacts sent us in the above three-page list of the terms and conditions for GM's 60-day money back guarantee. It's a far cry from what Bob "Maximum Marketing" Lutz told The Today Show this morning. In fact, there's 13 stipulations that must be met.
But, if you're able to meet all 13, then you've got yourself a free GM vehicle for two months. Have at it.
• The Eligible Vehicle must be a new 2009 or 2010 model.
• You have purchased an Eligible Vehicle and taken Delivery between September 14, 2009 and November 30, 2009.
• You must be able to deliver to the Participating Dealership a clean and unencumbered title to the Eligible Vehicle, which title has remained in Your name since the Delivery Date of the Eligible Vehicle.
• You must be an individual natural person who is the title owner of the Eligible Vehicle. Businesses,
corporations and partnerships do not qualify.
• Your Eligible Vehicle's odometer must not have more than 4,000 miles since the Delivery Date.
• Your Eligible Vehicle must have been registered and insured in the Buyer's name since the Delivery Date.
Your Eligible Vehicle must have no more than $200 of damage as determined by GM or GM's agent.. Such
damage may include, without limitation, internal or external scratches, scrapes, dents, odors, rips, burns, etc.
• Your Eligible Vehicle may not be leased.
• Your Eligible Vehicle must have been returned to a Participating Dealership where You purchased it, in the same working order as it was on the Delivery Date.
• Your Eligible Vehicle must not have incurred damage or non-warranted repairs in excess of $200, regardless of whether such damage has been repaired.
• Your Eligible Vehicle must not have been subject to any liens or other security interests other than a lien for the original financing used to purchase the Eligible Vehicle.
• A minimum of thirty (30) days must have passed since the Delivery Date of Your Eligible Vehicle.
• Only one Eligible Vehicle may be returned per household.
• Your Eligible Vehicle must pass a purchase inspection conducted by GM or GM's agent.
We can't wait to hear the first stories in two months of people screwing over the system. Hooray for hacking!