The Kevin Morgan Trans Am bodykit for the new Camaro is close to reality, with Trans Am Depot committing to production of Phoenix T/A conversion kits and a real-life concept dropping later this month.
You can read the good news in the press release in the next image and scroll through some of the formative design work Kevin did on this project.
Like its mythical namesake that rose from the ashes to a new life, the Trans Am of yesteryear has been born again... the Phoenix T/A. If it is true that good things come to those who wait, then we have surely been rewarded for our patience.
Trans Am Depot is pleased to announce our partnership with designer Kevin Morgan in turning a three-year dream into reality. We, like many of you, have lusted over Kevin's retro interpretation of the '77 - '78 Trans Am based on the 2010 Camaro platform. We began early last year discussing the idea of how we might work together to bring this vision to life.
Phoenix T/A Currently, we are completing a one-off Kevin Morgan "Trans Am" Concept, which we intend to unveil at the 2009 Trans Am Nationals. The concept will be followed by the first production conversion later this year. It will vary from the concept car but will be an exact version of the conversion kits we will hope to be offering this fall. We are working closely with a Detroit auto design firm to bring this kit to market. We will be offering everything from the body conversion only to the limited Phoenix Edition. The kits will be available as an installed conversion only.
The Phoenix conversion will include:
* 1' - 1.5' Lowering Kit w/sway bar handling upgrade
* Wheels & Tires
* Front: 20x9.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 275/45ZR20
* Rear: 20x11.5x120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 305/35ZR20
* Shaker Scoop
* Fender Extractors
* Exhaust Conversion w/ splitter tips
* Rear Fascia Clip w/tail lamp lenses and bulbs
* Rear Spoiler
TA Graphic Package
* Embroded Head Rest and Console Lid - KM Graphic Punch
* Turned Aluminum Door Panel
* Turned Aluminum Dash Inserts
* Turned Aluminum Instrument Cluster
* Door Panel Badges
* T/A SN Badge and Designation
[via Trans Am Depot]