The first session of racing at the New England 24 Hours Of LeMons is done, and we've got a Top 10 composed almost entirely of Civics, Alfa Milanos, and Volvo bricks!
Is it possible that an Italian car might win the 24 Hours Of LeMons? Hell yes! An Alfetta nearly won the Goin' For Broken LeMons in Reno a couple months back, and the three Alfas currently running in second, third, and fifth places finished third, fifth, and sixth, respectively, in the 2008 New England LeMons.
How about a Volvo winning the race? It's never happened before, though we've seen quite a few Swedes in quasi-serious contention in the past. But the Swedes and Italians will need to get past the Kielbasa Kids' early-90s Civic sedan- you may recall that the Kielbasas finished second at the last New England race- and that looks to be quite a challenge. Here's the standings list at the end of Day One:
1. Kielbasa Kids, Honda Civic
2. Scuderia Limoni, Alfa Romeo Milano
3. Scuderia Testa di Spillo, Alfa Romeo Milano
4. Vermont Cow Tippers, Volvo 240 wagon
5. Team Pro-Crash-Duh-Nation, Alfa Romeo Milano
6. Team Submarine, Honda Civic
7. Keystone Kops, Volvo 240 sedan
8. The Crazy Swiss & Crazy Chic, Nissan 240SX
9. Rhinoceros Racing Team, Honda Civic
10. Police Brutality, Lincoln Continental Mark VIII