Some of us were Scouts as kids, now we see the organization as a vaguely-militaristic-indoctrination club for parents living vicariously through their children, but hey, they've picked their five favorite kiddy-haulers.
Apparently Scouting families are not for want and prefer American, as the cheapest in the pack starts around $28k and there's one foreign-badged car in the crowd. Should you be a scouting parent and interested in their recommendations, below, in no particular order, are the 2009 Scouting Magazine picks for hauling your troop to a secluded camp far from the prying eyes of the general public:
- Chevy Tahoe Hybrid/GMC Yukon Hybrid — Base price: around $51,500
- 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab — Base price: around $32,500
- Chevy Traverse — Base price: around $29,000
- Honda Pilot — Base price: around $28,000
- Ford Flex — Base price: around $29,000
You can check out the full cover, of which Ford is proud to have snagged, HERE and head over to Scouting Magazine to read through their reasoning for each choice but beware, one of the categories is "Coolest Optional Equipment." [Scouting Magazine]