Cars.com has cobbled together a list of the top ten fastest and slowest selling cars in the US market these days and, shocker, the best selling cars are largely all-new or recently refreshed.
Fastest Selling Vehicles Based On Time On Lot
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK350: 6 days
- 2009 Nissan 370Z: 9 days
- 2009 Toyota Venza: 20 days
- 2009 Lexus LS 460: 21 days
- 2009 Ford F-150 crew cab: 23 days
- 2009 Toyota Highlander: 24 days
- 2009 Honda Fit: 25 days
- 2009 BMW X5: 26 days
- 2009 Mercedes-Benz ML350: 27 days
- 2009 Ford F-150 extended cab: 28 days
Despite a miserable economy, eroding consumer confidence, financing issues and lingering fears of another gas price spike, the best selling cars are all fairly expensive and skew towards crossovers (with the exception of the Fit), trucks, and SUVs. Not a single hybrid on the list. It's almost as if Americans prefer bigger cars that maybe don't get the best gas mileage. Holy Toledo! Stop the presses! Head over to Cars.com for the top ten biggest sales losers.
The Venza being on the hot list makes us silently weep for humanity.