This is the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S, the newest member of the Quattroporte lineup. The trident-emblemed brand plans to officially unveil it at next month's Detroit Auto Show. What should we expect?
The Maserati Quattroporte set the bar for performance 4-doors back in 2004 and has been updated with a new Sport GTS line just in time to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Maserati's first Indianapolis 500 win. A remapped version of the Maserati GranTurismo S 4.7-liter V8 engine now produces a stout 433 HP along with a new transmission management software that should help move this 4-door executive sedan to 60 in less than 5.5 seconds. The front and rear suspension features single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and a lower ride height than the standard S model. A new sport exhaust features pneumatic valves to let you know this Maser isn’t anything like your daddy’s Mercedes.
Visually, the new Quattroporte Sport GTS features a more sporty and aggressive black grill with vertical concave fins featuring the Maserati Trident logo with red accents. The headlights are similar, but now feature a dark metallic titanium finish. The interior features new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara on the center section – perfect for those high-speed trips to the office.
The executive Maserati has not disappointed in the past and we look forward to taking this beast on a quick jaunt around the block. We’ll bring you live shots of the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS from the Detroit Auto Show next month, until then, check out the shots below.
Maserati Press Release
Modena – December 22nd, 2008 - The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury sedan segment of the automotive market . Conceived and developed as “a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury sedan ”, the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:
• the mapping of the V8 4.7 liter engine, with power increased to 323kW (433 HP);
• the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
• the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
• the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The sportier and more aggressive look is evident also by virtue of the interior and exterior stylistic choices:
• the new black grill with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
• the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
• the side and rear “shadow line”, which includes black finishing around the doors, body-colored door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes,
• the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara® and leather upholstery;
• the standard trim in Titantex, a “titanium colored” composite material.