Why you should buy the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8:
You love America and everything it stands for. You break out in hives at the thought of restoring an old '71 Challenger, but still want to live life looking good, moving fast and bleeding red, white and blue. Your nickname was "Super Soul" or your last name is "Kowalski."
Why you shouldn't buy this car:
You hate America and everything it stands for. You are content living your life in a drab, vanilla coma, never once yearning to break free to live life the way it should be lived. You know, like it was thirty years ago. Also, you're a red commie liberal hippie who smells vaguely French. Comprendez-vous?
Speed Merchants: Yes
Fashion Victims: Yes
Mack Daddies: Yes
Tuner Crowd: No
Penny Pinchers: No
Euro Snobs: No
Working Stiffs: Yes
Soccer Moms: No
Nascar Dads: Yes
Golfing Grandparents: No
• 2008 Ford Mustang GT500
• 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8
• Waiting for the 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
• Waiting for the 2010 Ford Mustang GT500
• Sitting at home and drinking oil straight from a barrel.
• Manufacturer: Dodge
• Make: Challenger SRT8
• Model year: 2008
• Base Price: $37,320
• Price as Tested: $41,310
• Engine type: 6.1-liter SRT HEMI V8
• Horsepower: 425 @ 6,200 RPM
• Torque: 420 @ 4,800 RPM
• Transmission: 5-speed Automatic
• Curb Weight: 4,103 lbs
• LxWxH: 197.7" x 75.7" x 57"
• Wheelbase: 116"
• Tires: 245/45ZR20 - Front; 255/45ZR20 - Rear Performance Tires
• 0 - 60 mph: 5.13 seconds (as tested with onboard 0-to-60 meter)
• EPA Fuel economy city/highway: 13/18 MPG
• NHTSA crash test rating: *****
Photo Credit: Dane VanSlembrouck
Note to Hoonage-Seeking Readers: We're not done yet. More to come on Monday...