A recent study by Erie Insurance points out a lot of factors that anyone under the age of 60 probably already knows. The insurance company conducted a study surveying 2,127 licensed teenage drivers and came to the shocking conclusion that teens like to talk on the phone, text message and listen to loud music while driving.
- Cell phone use among teens while driving is 76%
- 57% admit to texting "sometimes" or to often reading or sending text messages while driving
- 93% of teens play loud music when they drive
- 48% admit they're easily distracted when friends are passengers
- 91% think they're good drivers
- 34% say they're friends are good drivers
- 97% have witnessed other teens take risks while driving