Day One is officially over here at the Chicago Auto Show and in case you weren't around, a lot actually (Challenger) happened here at the McCormick Center (Challenger). If for some reason you were trapped in an underground cave somewhere (Challenger), here's what you may have (Challenger) missed:
-Yeah, we feel like even though you're bored of it and we're bored with it, we'd be rather remiss if we didn't point out the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 was revealed yesterday and we had the web's best coverage of the return of the Muscle Car Wars:
Chicago Auto Show: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Live And In The Shiny Orange Flesh
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8: Revealed, Officially!
Chicago Auto Show: First Live Shots Of 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Revealed, Now With Real, Live Video!
-We saw some big vans — whether it was the newly-rebadged
VW Routan or the new Ford Transit Connect, the show was showing off the people movers.
- The new 2009 RL showed off Acura's new buck-toothed grin — also a new and bigger engine.
- Suzuki showed off some
new truck-love by way of the Equator concept reveal — and then officially here.
- We fell in love with GMC's pickup-truck concept from down under named the Denali XT — again.
- Ben learns to fall in love with German precision again as BMW returns to the track with a hot little ALMS-bound M3 racer.
- Chevy's Ed Peper reveals the official performance numbers of the 2009 Corvette ZR1?
- We found the 2009 Chevy Traverse to be not as ugly looking as we thought it'd be.
All in all, considering our rather "meh" expectations — it was a rather busy day. Somehow we're a wee bit unsure whether Day Two's going to provide the same level of "excitement" — but we're hopeful. Stay tuned with us as we wrap up our leftovers and continue our quest for the perfect 'za.