We thought we'd take a second to remind you that not all the minicars you want are Europe-only. Some of them are Japan-only. Call us crazy, but we like the Verisa more than the current gen Mazda 2/Demio it's based on. This is the "Stylish V" version, which comes with distinctive seats, a special dress up package that includes revised bumpers and 15-inch alloy wheels. The Stylish V comes in both FWD and E-4WD with a 1.5 Liter DOHC fourbanger. And if Radiant Ebony Mica isn't your style, you can also get the Verisa in Moist Silver Metallic. Press release and pictures below:
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced the launch of the Mazda Verisa "Stylish V" special edition model in Japan. Mazda's high quality and fashionable compact car has been updated with a stylish and distinctive-looking black and red interior. It goes on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships nationwide.
The Special Edition Stylish V is based on the "C" grade Verisa that offers high quality fabric seat covers. It is equipped with stylish and unique features such as exclusive black and red leather and flat-weave fabric seat covers and an exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching. The Verisa Stylish V also features the popular 'Dress-up package' as standard equipment to enhance the high quality exterior appearance. This package includes bright molding (front bumper/rear bumper/front grille/door sills/rear gate), front fog lights (with bright bezels) and an exhaust pipe finisher.
The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the Stylish V special edition is 1,640,000 yen for the front-wheel drive (FWD) version and 1,829,000 for the electronically controlled four-wheel drive (e-4WD) version (both prices include consumption tax).
Main features of the Verisa Stylish V
Verisa C (Available as the FWD version or the e-4WD version, both equipped with the 1.5-liter DOHC engine and four-speed automatic transmission)
* Exclusive leather and flat-weave seat covers (black/red)
* Stylish and individual design with black leather and red fabric
* Exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel (black leather and red stitching)
* Exclusive black leather steering wheel highlighted with red stitching
* Exclusive door trim, upper glove box lid and dashboard
* In line with the red theme color of the exclusive seats, red garnish is used effectively throughout the interior to emphasize the stylish and individualized impression.
* To best match each driver's needs, the Stylish V is equipped with two speakers and a space for a head unit in the center panel. The steering wheel is also free of remote control switches. The Audio-less spec allows for maximum variety of terrestrial digital GPS and digital audio systems that are available as dealer installed options.
* Currently available as a factory installed option for the standard Verisa model, the Dress-up package is standard on the Stylish V (see above for details).
* A choice of four body colors is available: the exclusive Metropolitan Gray Mica and the standard Velocity Red Mica, Radiant Ebony Mica and Moist Silver Metallic.
* 15-inch alloy wheels with 185/55R15 tires
* The S package [high intensity discharge headlights and Autolight system (which switches the headlights on automatically), rain-sensing wipers (front), water repellant coating (windshield, front door windows and door mirrors), immobilizer] [Mazda via World Car Fans]