There's nothing quite like the moment you first see the top pop off of a VW Westfalia for the first time. It's like the world and the roof open up at the same time. For those who want that same experience in a new vehicle, there's the Ursa Minor ECAMPER, which uses the Honda Element instead of a Vanagon. This sharp modification includes a 7' x 4' mattress, low-current LED lighting and panoramic views. It'll set you back $4,300 to camper-ize your Element (a little more if you want it to match the color of your Element). Photos and details below:
The Ursa Minor Vehicles ECAMPER™ is the only Honda Element Camper on the market!
Our conversion adds a pop-top sleeper for two onto any Honda Element® Four Wheel Drive model (2003 through 2008 models with removable skylight). Ready to camp? Simply release the latches, pop it up, and climb up through the former sunroof.
The ECAMPER™ uses the latest in high-performance composites technology to minimize weight and to create a streamlined profile that adds only 5" to the overall height of the vehicle.
Other features include
* Gas spring assisted hinges for quick open and close
* Easy access from inside or outside of vehicle
* Lightweight composite construction
* Low-current interior LED lighting
* Comfortable 2" thick 7' x 4' mattress with washable covers
* Sleek, streamlined profile is quiet
* Tough, breathable, fade and water resistant Sunbrella® fabric
* Panoramic views through zippered screened windows
* Built on Honda reliability & economy