We've now seen it all. We thought that VW's attempt to tie the iPod in with the Beetle was the highest into the musical stratosphere the company reprsenting Deutschland would go. We were wrong. VDub's now decided you don't just want to listen to music in your car, you want to create it — and that's why they're starting an ad campaign and first-of-its-kind musical giveaway in coordination with guitar maker First Act, Inc. Beginning today and running through the end of the year, any customer who purchases a Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible, as well as select 2006 models — will receive a completely customized First Act GarageMaster electric guitar that will play seamlessly through the car's existing audio system. Each First Act GarageMaster electric guitar will:
* display the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the owner's Volkswagen vehicle
* come with custom colored pick guards complementing the exterior of the car
* feature the traditional Volkswagen logo and "V Dub" inlay
* have a guitar strap made of safety belts
* come with VW knobs, a prominent blue indicator light that matches the trademark instrument panel lighting of Volkswagen vehicles.
* VW logo guitar picks and a carrying case to take the music anywhere.
Our music-loving brother/sister site has more details on the ad campaign and a couple more pictures, we'll have a link up to that momentarily.