Subaru has launched a version of its Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B performance sedan in the US. Subaru watchers will lament it won't have the same 276hp, 2.0-liter rally-inspired motor as the coveted Japanese model; US buyers will have to be satisfied with the same 250 hp turbocharged-intercooled Boxer engine in the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan. But Subaru is attempting to coax them back from the ledge with a mess of toys. The US spec.b will get extensive suspension upgrades, 18" wheels wrapped in low-profile tires, a sufficiently tarted-up interior with Momo steering wheel, and will be sold exclusively with five-speed manual transmission. It's a truly limited edition; only 500 will be sold.
2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B
· Engine: 2.5-liter 4-cylinder intercooled/turbocharged Boxer; 250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm / 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm.
· Transmission: 5-speed manual
· All-Wheel Drive: Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive using viscous-coupling locking center differential with 50:50 torque split
· Suspension: 4-wheel independent, Bilstein Sport Suspension, aluminum-alloy front control arms and aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links
· Wheels and tires: 18 x 7-in. aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires
· Brakes: 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); 12.3-in. front ventilated discs and 11.3-in. rear ventilated discs
· Wheelbase: 105.1 in.
· Length: 186.2 in.
· Height: 56.5 in.
· Curb weight: 3,400 lbs.
Spy Photos: 2006 Subaru Legacy Spec B [internal]